A few weeks ago, a friend of ours gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Racking my brains for a gift idea for our hospital visit, I finally settled with doing a diaper cake. As any mom can attest, diaper gifts really come in handy because newborns really use up soooooo many of it. But one cannot simply hand over a bag of diapers and call it a gift though, oh no, one must make it nice and pretty, presentable at least. 🙂
On mine, I placed these diaper dolls on top of the diaper cake, along with other baby necessities. These are so cute because they give the whole ensemble a lively, happy touch. Plus, they’re very easy to make.
What You’ll Need
For each doll, you’ll need:
- Rolled-up diaper
- A pair of wiggly eyes
- A washcloth
- A baby mitten
How to make them?
1. Place the washcloth under the rolled-up diaper, like below.
2. Roll it up like a burrito.
3. Fold the excess at the back.
4. Place the mitten on top. The garter will hold the excess (tail folded at the back) in place.
5. Glue the wiggly eyes onto the diaper.
6. Decorate with ribbons. Use a marker pen to draw its mouth.
Ta-da! These are my diaper dolls. 🙂
Here they are on the cake, along with their mama bear.