Being a mom of two boys, I have always been asked, “Will you still try for a baby girl?”
While some may find the question offensive, I don’t mind it at all. As a matter of fact, I ask the same to friends who are on the same boat. The answer always comes in the form of “We’re still thinking about it.”
There are indeed a lot of things to consider before having another baby bump after a long hiatus.
- Yaya problems. Who doesn’t have one, right? I would certainly need another pair of hands should another baby come along. Oh, that means more yaya problems to come. Oh, woe is me!
- Sleepless Nights. I’m in that happy place right now where I can get ample beauty sleep in a day. Why ruin it, right?
- Diapers, Bottles, and Breastfeeding. Those were my worries in the past. I’d like to think that I’ve graduated from them already, passed with flying colors even. Hmm, now to redo it all again? Plus, I’ve already sold my one year supply of Huggies diapers!
- Transformed Crib. Oh, did I mention that I’ve already converted our baby crib into a functional study table? Well, it is reversible, but still…
- Baby Bump, Baby, and Preschool. Now that the boys are in school and I am the one who goes with them everyday, I have to think about how a baby bump and a future baby will fit into the picture.
If you must know, these are but the tip of the iceberg. There are so much more worries to share and so much more concerns to tackle.
I haven’t even gotten started with the expenses, the vaccines, the schooling, the…
Sometimes though, realization just hits and it hits you hard, throwing all of those reasons out the window.
What’s a little more sacrifice for the family that you’ve always wanted?
All of a sudden, you’re ready for one last hurrah, ready to add more laughter to your already noisy household, ready to share yourself to yet another being, ready to love with all of you and ready to fall in love all over again.
P.S. It doesn’t matter if it’s a boy or a girl. 🙂