Happy 2018! 🙂
Whew! What a crazy busy holiday that was! How was yours? 🙂
Anyway, these goodies came during the holidays but was overlooked (long story!) so it’s only now that I get to share it with you! Plus, a giveaway after! Woot!
TBH, I haven’t tried mackerel in a can before so I was excited to try it out. This chunky goodness came out of the smaller can. The sauce, as the label says, is natural oil. It’s so tasty and naturally sweet. I could eat it straight out of the can!
But that would be boring, right? I was also craving for some pasta so I decided to whip up a super quick (like I have to finish before my 10-month old become antsy from being strapped to her chair) dish.
Whew! I did manage to keep the little one entertained on her chair while I whipped up this dish. Just look at the chunky goodness of the tomatoes and the mackerel! It’s no wonder that they say ‘hindi basta nakasanayan the best na yan, kaya basta Mackerel dapat tatak Unipak!‘
And here it is, ready to serve! Oh so yummy! Bon apetit! Recipe below. Also, please do join the easy giveaway!
P.S. I changed the pasta sauce last minute to Contadina Aglio Arrostito Pasta Sauce, different from the pic above, because it’s in a smaller bottle, and yummier too! 🙂
- 1 Tbsp Chili Garlic Oil (or substitute with your favorite oil, fresh garlic and chili flakes)
- 1 Bottle Contadina Aglio Arrostito Pasta Sauce
- 250g Cooked Spaghetti
- 2 Small Cans Uni-Pak Mackerel
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- Parmesan Cheese
- In a hot pan, saute Chili Garlic Oil until fragrant.
- Add in Uni-Pak Mackerel. Break the mackerel into smaller chunks.
- Pour in the sauce of one can.
- Add in the pasta sauce.
- Simmer and add in brown sugar to taste.
- Turn off the stove.
- Prepare spaghetti in a plate and top with sauce. Layer with parmesan cheese and serve.
a Rafflecopter giveaway