Our family recently applied for a Korean Visa and thankfully, we were all granted one. Whew! The new and stricter requirements implemented early this month (March 2015) gave us quite a scare.
I’ll detail here the steps and requirements for a typical family consisting of an employee, a housewife, and children. If the wife is employed, just follow the employee requirements.
1. Complete the Requirements as Detailed Below
- Application form may be downloaded here. Must be printed on A4 size paper.
- OECD Member Countries may be checked here.
- The highlighted section above (items 6-9 for Employee) means that section is the same for all the other members of the family, just give everyone a copy (though for us, the consul returned the copies but it’s better to be sure and prepare them anyway).
- UPDATE: BDO Cardholders are exempted from submitting Bank Certificate and ITR (Income Tax Return) when applying and are eligible to have multiple entry privilege. (Employment Certificate / Business Permit is still Required). Present the eligible BDO Credit Card and a copy of your monthly billing statement (MBS) upon submission of the application form. This offer is valid until December 31,
20162017 only. More info about this promo here.
- Eligible BDO Credit Cards:
- Gold Visa Credit Card
- Gold Mastercard Credit Card
- Gold UnionPay Credit Card
- Gold JCB Credit Card
- Platinum Visa Credit Card
- Titanium or Platinum and World Elite Mastercard Credit Card
- Gold, Platinum, Cathay Pacific and American Express Charge Cards issued by BDO
- Diamond UnionPay Credit Card
- Diners Club Premiere
- Eligible BDO Credit Cards:
2. Proceed to the Korean Embassy
- Application is only from Mondays to Fridays and at 9AM-11AM only.
- Address: 122 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Town Center, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig city 1634, Philippines
- Fee: FREE for 59 days or less. P1,800 for 60-90 days.
- No need for physical appearance of the applicant, a representative is okay.
- Once there, just follow these simple steps to submit your application:
- Go to the front desk to get your number and to show your requirements.
- Wait for your number to be flashed on the screen.
- Once it’s your turn, proceed to the designated window (indicated in your waiting number slip), and submit all your requirements.
- Once done, you’d be given a slip of paper with the date when you can come back to claim your passport.
3. Claim Your Passports at the Designated Date
- Claiming is from Mondays to Fridays and at 2PM-4PM only.
- Bring your claim stub and write the name(s) of the applicant(s) and a contact number.
- Fill up the application form completely. If a field is not applicable to you, place an N/A.
- Don’t forget to affix your signature. For children, have a parent sign it and indicate the relationship beside the signature.
- Have a copy of all the documents that need copied. Although there is a copier inside, the line is usually long and it’s at P3 per page.
- Arrange the necessary documents according to the order above. We had to resubmit our requirements because they were not in order.
- Go there early. They stop accepting at exactly 11:00AM so it’s better to be early to avoid being told to come back again.
- When your queue number is near, try to stay in front already as they only give a few seconds for you to appear in the window. If no one comes, they move on to the next number immediately.
Best of luck in your Korean visa application! 🙂