Okay, so I’m green with envy because a couple of our husband friends have been organizing surprise baby showers for their respective wives. Super sweet, right? It makes me think of having another baby… Not! LOL! 🙂
Anyway, on both occasions, I prepared a diaper cake motorcycle like the one below as a gift. Each has gotten its fair share of oohs and ahhs and I’ve gotten a lot of requests to post a tutorial so here goes.
Things You’ll Need:
- 1 Stuffed Toy
- 30 pcs Diapers, size NB or S
- 2 Baby Bath Towels
- 2 Baby Blankets
- 1 pair Baby Booties
- 1 Baby Bonnet
- 1 Baby Bottle
- Colander (or pan), the size of which will determine the size of the wheels
1. Arrange the diapers in the colander/pan like a fan. I used 15 diapers for each wheel.
2. Slide the diapers out carefully and tie a string or rubber band to hold them together.
3. Repeat the same process for the second wheel.
4. Fold the bath towel into the same width as the diaper (around 4 inches) and roll it around the diapers. Fasten with a decorative ribbon.
5. Do the same for the other wheel.
6. Roll up one of the baby blankets and insert into the middle of the diapers.
7. Connect the two wheels together.
8. Roll up the other baby blanket and insert it into the front wheel.
9. Bring the ends up over the wheel and tie a ribbon to fasten.
10. Roll up two cardboards and insert into each side of the baby blanket to form the handlebars. Top each side with the baby booties.
11. Place the stuffed toy on top to make it seem like it’s driving the motorcycle. I changed the red ribbon above into these curled up ones. Looks so much nicer, right? The handlebars needed some support so I placed a baby bottle in the space between where the knot was tied and the wheel to better hold it up. I then covered it with the baby bonnet for effect. How does it look?