And It’s back!!! Scholastic is holding its bi-annual warehouse sale until December 22, 2016! And go you must! This time, they’re having the Book Buffet, grab all the books that you can fit into the box, for only P799! You can score books for as low as P20, depending on how well you can pack! 🙂
Scroll below to see the great deals!
25% off on Geronimo and Thea Stilton books.
These Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins are very hot items!
40% off on Harry Potter books!
50% off on Klutz activity books! These are perfect for tweens!
Craft for Kids Set Now at P2,400 (originally P3,970)
I Spy 14 Volumes now at P2,200 (originally P7,875)
This Pop-Up book at 60% off
This is the box that you will use. The flaps have to be able to close when you check it out at the cashier.
You can only get books from areas with the Book Buffet sign. There’s a big lane right in the middle of the warehouse where books of all kinds are for you to grab.
Books in the tent outside are also included in the Book Buffet.
This is among those in the book buffet. I grew up with Nancy Drew and was surprised that it now comes as a graphic novel. Same goes with Hardy Boys. 🙂
Nancy Drew Graphic Novel
One can fit around 12-15 paperback novels inside the box. You can fit more still if you’re after the smaller and thinner kiddie books. 🙂
And here’s what I got. I didn’t have time for the Book Buffet so I just chose these. I don’t remember how much off the Clifford set of books was though but it was on sale also so I got it. They’re originally priced at P475.
Update: I did try out the Book Buffet
So I couldn’t help it and had to go back to try the Book Buffet. Here’s my loot!
I got more than 60 books (a total of P11,110) for just P799! The cashier had to recalculate because she could not believe that the total went up to as much as P11K! It’s really a great deal if you’re after books for younger kids. Great for Christmas giveaways for the entire class, I’m telling you! 🙂
- Be sure to get books only from the designated places. It’s so bothersome to repick if, after falling in line for so long, the cashier tells you that one of the books inside your box is not part of the book buffet.
- Be prepared to wait as lines to the cashier are long.
- Leave your kids at home. My preschooler was with me as we went straight from school. Needless to say, I didn’t get as much time to choose as he was restless already.
- Bring a partner. One can fall in line ahead while you take your time filling up your box.
- Totally worth it! That’s from the woman in front of me in the line who said it’s her 7th time there already since the sale opened! It’s different every time, she said. And, if you really know how to choose and pack, you’re bound to get a very good deal.
Map and Directions
Go now before the lines get extra extra long as Christmas nears! Happy Scholastic book shopping! 🙂