Evolution of Fathers
The roles of fathers have gone beyond being the sole provider for the family. They are equally important in nurturing the family’s wellbeing by building strong relationships and being actively involved in child care interests and responsibilities.
Such wonderful fathers, who literally become our rock, protect us as much as they can. Some fathers may not be huggers or emotionally attuned to us but you know they truly care deep down through their unique love language.
We are truly blessed to have fathers and father figures in our lives, who helped mold us to into what we are today. We thus salute these ‘’men’” on their special day.
Nothing beats whipping up something sweet from the heart. Make your love language food. Make this utterly #Madalicious treat, Cerveza Negra Chocolate Balls, made with Magnolia Devil’s Food Cake Mix combined with Cerveza Negra. It will pleasantly surprise your taste buds too!
Preparation Time: 40 min
Baking/Cooking Time: 25 min
CERVEZA NEGRA CHOCOLATE BALLS
- 1 (550 g) pack MAGNOLIA DEVIL’S FOOD CAKE MIX
- 3 (50 g each) pc MAGNOLIA BROWN EGGS
- 1 (330 mL) bottle CERVEZA NEGRA
- 1 (120 mL) cup coconut oil
COATING & DÉCOR
- 1/2 kg dark chocolate, chopped
- 100 grams pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1 (120 g) cup cocoa powder
- 1 (80 g) cup desiccated coconut
- 100 grams white chocolate, melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 176.7°C (350 F). Meanwhile, line and grease one (1) 12×16 inch square pan with baking/wax paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, cerveza negra and oil. Mix until smooth in consistency.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool and then crumble cake and form into 1-inch balls.
- Prepare dark chocolate by melting it for 10-15 seconds in a microwave oven over high setting.
- Dip each ball in melted dark chocolate and then roll each ball in pistachio nuts, cocoa powder or desiccated coconut. Drizzle with some melted white chocolate placed in a piping bag, if desired.
Makes 40 pieces.
(Yield: 40 pc (30 grams per ball) /4 pc per serving )