by Captain Melon (3rd Grade How-to Article)
Pointillism is a painting technique in which small dots of color form an image. We are going to make a Metro Manila map full of colorful dots. Just follow these easy steps.
- An empty map of Metro Manila
- Cotton buds
- Paint (yellow, blue, green, red, and brown)
- Sticker labels
- Marker pen
- Print an empty map of Metro Manila
- Dip the cotton buds on a little paint and dab it onto the paper (make sure to dab to form dots and not paint)
- Color the districts with these colors:
- District 1: red
- District 2: yellow
- District 3: blue
- District 4: green
- Color the water forms a different shade of blue and color brown for the rest.
- Let your work dry.
- Outline the borders with your marker pen.
- Put the labels.
- Cut around the edges of the paper. Paste it on a cardboard or a hard paper.
Congratulations, you have made a pointillism map! You can try the pointillism technique on other images too. Show me what you’ve done!