I was getting hungry so I went down to scour the kitchen for some food. Not finding any to my liking (remind me to have a word with the cook later, LOL!), I decided to just order and have something delivered.
Now, where were those delivery pamphlets that I’ve collected?
Ugh, with the kids, I just can’t seem to find anything these days! Racking my memory for delivery numbers, I picked up the extension phone and began to dial.
“Hey! I’m using the phone!”
Oops! Now what?
The Internet? It’s worth a try.
I fired up the browser and googled “food delivery Philippines”.
The first one that came up was FoodPanda.
The name sounded familiar… (I would later find out that it’s the same one that I’ve been hearing so much about from Mommy Bloggers Philippines!)
Order food delivery online in the Philippines!
Sounds perfect! I decided to give it a try.
The FoodPanda Experience
I’ll summarize the ordering into 3 easy steps, Search, Choose, and Pay.
There was a simple form that asked me to enter my city and location to be able to find restaurants that deliver to my area.
Upon entering my location, a list of as many as 63 restaurants came up! I liked that it seems like I was in a food court with so many restaurants to choose from.
On each restaurant, pertinent information like delivery time, delivery fee, minimum order amount, mode of payment, and ratings were indicated. I’ve also noticed that some restaurants have deals and discounts indicated with blue flags, as I’ve encircled in the image below.
Deals and Discounts
Curious about the discounts, I clicked the restaurant with the blue flag and this is what came up. A large banner detailing the discount/deal is placed on the menu tab. In this case, it’s a 20% off on everything! The discounted price is also reflected on the price list on the menu items.
Reviews and Info
Apart from the menu, there were also other helpful tabs in the page. I was able to check other people’s reviews through the Reviews tab and gather other info like delivery hours from the Info tab.
From there, it’s just a matter of adding into the cart the food that I’d like to order. Hit the plus sign beside the food item and it automatically gets added into the cart. Upon checkout, I was asked to review my order.
Once I hit the checkout button, I was shown a final page to enter my delivery address and my mode of payment.
Immediately after placing my order, my mobile phone started ringing. It was FoodPanda on the other end confirming my order and the other details. A little while later, I received a text message that my food order was on its way. Yey! 🙂 My order came a few minutes before the published arrival time. I was not able to take a photo though as we were too hungry already. Nom Nom Nom! 😛
What I like About FoodPanda:
- Easy to use. Just 3 easy steps, search, choose, and pay.
- Can fit in the pocket. FoodPanda is also available for download as an app on smartphones.
- No Need to Memorize. No need to remember numerous delivery hotlines.
- No Mess. No need to collect delivery flyers to know what to order as all the menus are available online.
- Good customer service. I’ve tried calling them a couple of times to inquire about my order and they were always prompt in replying.
- Different Modes of Payment Available. I usually prefer paying via credit card instead of cash so having this option available gives FoodPanda another plus point.
- More Restaurants. I’ve tried ordering from other locations and only a few restaurants came up on the list. I hope that there would be more joining this site for it to really become a one-stop place for all things food delivery. P.S. I’m so glad to learn that they already have Greenwich on their list! That’s MIL’s favorite and we frequently order from them. With them onboard, ordering is now going to be just a few clicks away. 🙂
- Provision for Membership Cards. Still on Greenwich, I happen to have a Greenwich/Happy Plus card that I always mention whenever I order via phone. It has perks like earning points and getting freebies. Upon checking with FoodPanda however, there does not seem to be a place to enter it. That would mean I’d have to call via phone to be able to use it. Aww…
- Delivery Time. The published delivery time in FoodPanda seems to be a tad longer than when you call the restaurant via phone. As with pizza restaurants, they usually get here in 30 minutes or less but the published time in FoodPanda is at 45 minutes. I’m not sure if it’s because there’s an extra step of going through them or something else. I hope they can lessen the delivery time. It’s not fun to wait when the stomach is grumbling. 😛
P.S. Again: I just got an alert that Pancake House is also now on FoodPanda! Yey! Time to order my Tacos! Ciao! 🙂