This was one of the items waiting for me in Arizona when we arrived. It’s Wrapy, a wrap to wear your baby.
I knew I needed one since we will be visiting the Grand Canyon with two young boys. I needed my hands to be free to be able to always hold the older one while carrying the younger one. It’s a 3000-foot drop otherwise. Oh my!
I was able to borrow one a long time ago but I doubt that it can fit my 2-year old anymore. It was also a bulky one with straps and clasps that I didn’t bother fitting it in my already full luggage. I was sooooo glad then that Wrapy arrived just in time.
When opened, it’s just this. A very very long and large piece of cloth. No complicated straps, no clumsy locks. I actually started wondering how it can hold my growing boy. He is getting quite heavy.
After reading the instructions though, I found out that it’s quite simple to use. There’s only one way to tie it to hold babies of any age.
That’s me at the start of the trail tying my Wrapy.
Oops, scene change. Lol! It was awfully cold and windy that day and dear brother forgot to bring his jacket so he was not keen on taking any more photos. Anyway, here’s what it looks after tying it around my body.
And here’s it is with my almost 3 year old. Yes, you can use it for babies from birth to 35 pounds!
Here’s what it looks like on the side. It’s a great chance to stay close and cuddly to momma.
Here’s one of us at the Canyon. We were brave enough to get near an edge. 🙂 You see now why I was so glad to have Wrapy help me with the boys?
He actually wanted to move around so we didn’t slip him in the other layer that covers his back. I did support his back with one hand though so it worked out okay too.
And because it’s so versatile, dear brother who forgot his jacket borrowed it at times and used it as a scarf to keep him from freezing.
What I Love about Wrapy
- Handy. It’s easy to carry and easy to pack.
- Versatile. It can be used when your baby is a newborn all the way to a toddler.
- Simple. There are no straps or clasps. It’s just a matter of tying it. And it’s the same for all ages.
- Comfortable. Wrapy is made of 95% cotton and 5% spandex. I’ve walked a really really long stretch with DS wrapped around me and surprisingly, my shoulders and back were okay. I would not have managed otherwise. I remember feeling sore just after a short walk with the old baby carrier at home.
- Easy to Wash. It’s machine washable and dryer safe.
- It’s not yet here in the Philippines though. Bummer! The good news is you can order it through here and have it shipped:
For more information about this, you may visit http://wrapy.net/
P.S. Oh no, my toddler is almost outgrowing it already. I’m actually reconsidering having another baby just to use Wrapy more. Haha!